Raising Pigs for Profit Course
A complete step by step A to Z system to plan, market, and build a profitable pig enterprise. Built by a farmer for farmers just like you.
Interested in starting a livestock farm?
Don't have a lot of money to invest?
Don't have a lot of land?
If so, then pigs are a great starting point.
Pigs are high profit, low land use livestock which can be raised relatively fast (compared to cattle) with minimal equipment and sell for top dollar. Who doesn't like bacon?
But despite their advantages, most new farmers don't know where to start.
The Raising Pigs for Profit course you complete how-to steps on how to start, raising, market, and sell forest raised or pastured pork.
Topics include how to select the right breed of pig, where to buy them, what equipment you need to get started, production costs, how to select and price retail cuts and much more.
Everything is included on how to produce, price and sell pork. Nothing is left out!
You will have lifetime access to the following for yourself and anyone else in your immediate household...
Online Streaming Video (Over 7 hours):
- Are Pigs Right for You?
- The Basics of Raising Pigs - From Piglet to Freezer
- Raising Pigs In the Forest - On Farm Videos
- Equipment and Infrastructure for Raising Pigs
- Product Pricing & Cut Selection
- Pork Sales Models
- Forming and Organizing Your Farm Business
- A Beginners Guide to Electric Fence: This short guide will help you learn the basics of electric fence and select the correct electric fence for your farm and type of livestock.
- How To Select A Butcher Guide: A butcher is an extension of your business! This short guide will show you how to interview, rank and select the right butcher to partner with you on your farm business.
- How To Select A Farmers' Market Guide: Not all farmers' markets are created equal, and they require a large amount of time and energy to participate in. In this guide, Darby walks you through a step by step approach on how to investigate, rank and ultimately select a successful farmer's market to sell your products at.
- Darby Simpson: Farm Marketing & Business Planning
- Joel Salatin: Ballet In the Pasture
At any time in the future, you can upgrade to the full Pastured Profits course and get credited back for the retail sales price of this purchase. Simply pay the difference and unlock all of the added benefits of the full course: 23 modules, enhanced resources, additional digital tools, and much more!
Note: The workshop is non-refundable.
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: $29
Darby’s farming journey began in 2007 with just $600 and 50 broiler chickens on pasture.
Today the farm is producing nearly $200,000 in gross annual sales and provides a modest living for Darby, his wife and two children.
Darby successfully transitioned himself from the corporate world as a mechanical engineer into farming and this course is designed to help you do the same.
StartLesson 1: Introduction
PreviewLesson 2: Breed Selection
StartLesson 3: Acquiring Piglets
StartLesson 4: Training Pigs to Electric Fence
StartLesson 5: Feeding Pigs
StartLesson 6: Water for Pigs
StartLesson 7: Forest versus Pasture
StartLesson 8: Pig Health Concerns
StartLesson 9: When to Raise Pigs
StartLesson 10: Loading Pigs for Transport