Start Your Farm Now - Sales, Marketing and Business Course
The Sales, Marketing and Business Basics Course for the Aspiring Farm Entrepreneur
Interested in starting a farm...
But you haven't run a business before?
Or do you like the idea of raising your family on a farm, but you aren’t quite sure if you could make enough money doing it to support your family?
Or do you want to transition into livestock farming on a part-time or full-time basis?
You might have questions like...
What permits, insurance, and rules and regulations do you need to follow?
What's the correct business structure?
How much money do you need to start a business?
These are all common worries that people have when starting a business.
Start Your Business now answers these questions and more.
You will learn...
- How do you transition into farming on a part time basis
- How do you create your own Holistic Context so you can align expectations and action steps accordingly
- Why most small businesses and farms fail
- What are the important conversations that you need to have with your spouse/partner before starting a entrepreneurial venture
- How do you financially plan for entrepreneurship and career transition
- Is farming part-time a better fit than farming full-time for you
- How to budget for farm enterprise start-up
- How do you achieve a balanced lifestyle so you don’t burn out and stick with the journey
- What resources and skills do you currently have to work with
- What is your unfair advantage
- What mental issues might be holding you back
- Scared to start, why, and how to overcome that fear
- How to cash flow a startup farm
- How to deal with the not so glamorous, but needed parts of the business – insurance, bookkeeping, entity formation
- Create a realistic financial and career plan to turn your farm dream into a financially viable reality
- Identify an approach that is manageable for you and your situation
- Why farming might NOT be the right business for you, despite what you may initially think
- How to create a financial plan for your business, to help take the stress out of starting a business
- Why hard work isn’t enough: Learn where to focus your efforts to save yourself time and money while increasing your productivity and profits
- How to set yourself up for success: Learn proven success principles that allow you to adapt to most external circumstances and market conditions
- How successful people problem solve and adapt in an ever changing world and marketplace
- Learn how to stay the course: In the real world it’s only the people who show up every day that survive in the long run
The course gives you an objective framework to plan your business from the ground up so you know what you are getting into BEFORE you start your business or spend any money.
All of the course material was put together by actual entrepreneurs who have started actual real-world businesses that are successful.
You will be able to learn from their mistakes and successes while cutting out a lot of trial and error.
The focus IS NOT on how to raise broiler chickens or raise pastured pigs.
The mechanics of livestock management are only a small portion of what makes an enterprise successful. There are many other pieces that need to be looked at to help achieve business success – time management, family management, financial management, aligning your expectations with the business, designing the business to meet your needs.
Failure to acknowledge and manage these other pieces will likely lead to issues down the line.
By focusing on the whole (you, your life situation, where you want to go, and what you need) you can strategically approach the business process in a way that matches your context which will help you avoid making emotional or impulsive decisions; decisions that could cost you a lot of time, money and energy.
The course is full comprehensive taking you from what makes farm businesses successful to financial planning for your business and personal life to making sure that the business you are thinking about is an actual fit for you and your life.
Once you decide on what your business will be you will get tangible tools and tactics to brand, market, and find customers.
Given that, each participant will finish the course having a clear and concise vision of what they want to do and get out of life, a starting plan for how to achieve that, and a mindset to help you stay on course.
Start Your Farm Now has been intentionally designed to help you plan out a complete, profitable, livestock based farm business that works for you.
You will have lifetime access to the following for yourself and anyone else in your immediate household...
Online Streaming Video (Over 9 hours):
- Entrepreneurship 101
- Whole Life Context
- Financial Planning for the Entrepreneur
- Market Analysis
- Enterprise Selection
- Forming and Organizing Your Farm Business
- Branding Your Farm Products and Business
- Marketing Your Farm Business
- You, Your Supporters and Your Doubters
- Considerations for Starting and Transitioning to A Farm Lifestyle
- How To Select A Butcher Guide: A butcher is an extension of your business! This short guide will show you how to interview, rank and select the right butcher to partner with you on your farm business.
- How To Select A Farmers' Market Guide: Not all farmers' markets are created equal, and they require a large amount of time and energy to participate in. In this guide, Darby walks you through a step by step approach on how to investigate, rank and ultimately select a successful farmer's market to sell your products at.
- Darby Simpson: Farm Marketing & Business Planning
- Greg Judy: Profitable Methods Used to Heal the Land with Mob Grazing
- Greg Judy: The Economics for Leasing Land
At any time in the future, you can upgrade to the full Pastured Profits course and get credited back for the retail sales price of this purchase. Simply pay the difference and unlock all of the added benefits of the full course: 23 modules, enhanced resources, additional digital tools, and much more!
Note: The workshop is non-refundable.
Darby’s farming journey began in 2007 with just $600 and 50 broiler chickens on pasture.
Today the farm is producing nearly $200,000 in gross annual sales and provides a modest living for Darby, his wife and two children.
Darby successfully transitioned himself from the corporate world as a mechanical engineer into farming and this course is designed to help you do the same.
StartThe Reality of Starting & Running Your Own Business
StartReason #1: Not Knowing What You Really Want
StartReason #2: It Might Not Be a Fit Now
StartReason #3: The Family Falls Apart
StartReason #4: Running a "Business" That is Really a Hobby
StartReason #5: Poor Enterprise Selection
StartReason #6: Poor Market Selection
StartReason #7: Not Charging Enough
StartReason #8: Blow Up Financially
StartReason #9: Failure to Keep Records and/or Actually Look at Them
StartReason #10: Lack of Confidence
StartReason #11: Failing to Acknowledge How Hard This Really Is
PreviewReason #12: Not Taking This As Serious As You Need To
StartReason #13: Not Realizing - This Is A Lifestyle
StartReason #14: Focusing on Ideology, Not the Necessary Reality
StartReason #15: Poor Execution
StartReason #16: Poor Time Management
StartReason #17: The 10x Problem
StartReason #18: Obsessing on Specifics
StartReason #19: Too Much D.I.Y.
StartReason #20: Bad Business Partners
StartReason #21: The Relationship Falls Apart
StartReason #22: Life Gets In the Way
StartReason #23: Fighting Reality - Failure to Pivot
StartPutting It All Together
PreviewLesson 1: Introduction
StartLesson 2: Whole Life Context - What is it?
StartLesson 3: An Overview of the Framework
StartLesson 4: Where do you want to go?
StartLesson 5: Where are you at now?
StartLesson 6: Why do you want to go there?
StartLesson 7: Is it just you doing this?
StartLesson 8: What do you need to create a life like that?
StartLesson 9: Putting It All Together
StartLesson 1: Introduction
StartLesson 2: What is Financial Planning?
StartLesson 3: What is the Financial Function of the Business?
StartLesson 4: Where Are You At Right Now in Terms of Savings?
StartLesson 5: Where Are You At Right Now in Terms of Debt?
StartLesson 6: What Are Your Current Living Expenses?
StartLesson 7: What Is Your Current Monthly Income?
StartLesson 8: Is It Enough or Not?
StartLesson 9: How to Increase Savings
StartLesson 10: Creating a Business Budget
StartLesson 11: Planning for Profitability
StartLesson 12: Now Make Your Decision Based on Numbers
StartLesson 13: Managing Expectations by Setting Success Metrics
StartLesson 14: Act For The Now, But Think Long Term
StartLesson 15: Other Considerations
PreviewLesson 16: Don't Blow Yourself Up Financially
StartLesson 17: Putting It All Together